August 31, 2004

the bottom line...

the reality for most authors...they don't make a living at it...their body of work is undiscovered...if that's going to be the case for me...why should i pour my...energy...time...blood...soul...into work so a publishing company can reap the majority of the profits...only to leave my work to sitting among piles of remaindered books...i may as well self publish...own my work...and get all of the profits...this way my work ends up in the hands of the readers who care enough to want to own it...without hundreds...thousands...of books being printed and wasted...

yes, i understandthe marketing power publishers bring to the table...no, i'm not underestimating the appeal or quality of my work...unless you're a celebrity...brand name...i don't see the advantage of a publisher of any size...outside of an editor...i guess what i really need is an old style patron...someone as passionate about my work as i am...with deeper pockets...and integrity...

regardless...look for something here as a test case...an opportunity for you...the small audience that i've attempted to cultivate...to show your apriciation for my work...

  • Johnny Cash Loves You!