February 9, 2009

my bed of nails is sharper than yours...

a couple of months ago i thought i had an idea...i would have been better off if i had pursued music...at least i could raise a few bucks playing on the street...if I had any talent...

and then i realize that notion is very romanticized...i know a handful of musicians...and it's very easy for me to sit on the sidelines and run my mouth...but after someone dropped this interview with Monique Ortiz into my Inbox...

i realized that it's the same story for most the musicians i know...

Andy Ard works to support his family and still finds a way to scrape together an album...and promote it on local radio...


Andy%20Ard
Quantcast

Eric Shiveley plays house shows and coffee shops to get his music out into the world, and still manages to produce other folks music too...



even BobbyC...on an indie label...with bookings...and an excellent new release of headphone gems...





yet, a word of mouth recommendation from a nobody like me still helps to get people to listen to his work...

and these guys are the successful ones...for each of them there are three others i know who are getting nowhere...

meanwhile...all i have to do is sit here at my desk and type words until they form sentences that will make up a cohesive and entertaining story...

we just make it look easy...