August 11, 2006

Destination: NYC...

many, many, comings and goings..

day 1...
my step brother and i went to the storycorps booth and talked about...

how i became a member of the family...


what it was like to get an instant sibling...


the man...


growing up in more reckless times...


and then he turns the tables and asks me about my childhood...


day 2...
i can't believe my no one else in the family wanted my step-father's camera equipment...

the Sears 'Ted Williams' Varizoom 8mm film camera...

man, ted put his name on just about anything...

the yashica-a...


the polaroid land camera...


and the 8mm film projector...

let's not forget the slr...


all in perfect working condition....i can't wait to play with my new toys...

day 3...
family time...

day 4...
business...

day 5...
more business...and then pleasure...

day 6...
2001 revisited...

and madness at the airport...my dad's pool cues, apparently, are weapons...someone's seen too many jackie chan movies...this is why i hate flying...everyone's too uptight...maybe this bottle of sake will make them seem more relaxed...to me...

next stop...denver...