August 10, 2005

reeling in the...archives...

im not much for dwelling on the past...but...how else can you know where youre going...if you don't know where you've been...in that light, irecently explored the origins of...this ol journal...and i realize that i write a lot less about writing than i used to...i think that's due to two causes...

the last year has reaquainted me with my old friend...death...who stopped by...and reminded me that...we are all beholden...to him...even someone as full of life and love as shasty...as if i needed a refresher...

more important...i fell in love with and married a wonderful woman...who shows me...everyday...that there is a world outside of the one inside my head...and sometimes...only sometimes...it's just as fascinating...

both these things...people, really...helped me figure out that it's important...as a writer...as a human being no less...to balance...the internal and the external...by nature, i'm self absorbed...left to my own devices...my waking life would be nothing more than writing...and the transactions neccessary to allow the writing to continue...im growing beyond that...i thinkj...im more involved in the outer world...if even only slighty more...and this journal is a reflection of that change...

does that mean the writing is somehow compromised...i don't think so...not to worry...very soon i'll have something to show for my work...somethings...and new ideas are already taking shape...for the future...

Johnny Cash Loves You!