September 20, 2004

living the life vs being...

my best friend is a stand up comedian...he spends a lot of time driving in his car...driving to far flung american towns...bringing the gospel of laughter...anyway...he's started listening to tony robbins...i don't go for the stuff myself...i've spent a lot of time in the military...and military environments...i've learnd a little bit about how to help myself...but...my buddy said something the other dayh that he got from mr robbins...it stuck me...he said if he was just living the lifestyle of a comedian...rather than doing comedy...he would rather quit...at first blush...in my hubris...i nodded my head rightously and thought...well, duh...three days later that thought is still rattling in my head...of course...the seed of self doubt has sprouted...am i writing...or just living like a writer...well these words...and others...would seem to say something about me writing...somehow...i dont feel like i',mdoing enough...or maybe my time and energy is scattered...there are too many distractions...less time is being spent on my book(s)...am i being a writer...or just living the life...

conclusion...less blog...more book...once a week...two days...one day here...another day there..i know...youre disapointed...shattered...somehow i think youget over it...especially aftter i finish my book...

  • Johnny Cash Loves You!