June 24, 2004

um, redesign

yeaqh...it was time...mostly because this started out as a secret blog...just for me...and then i built in some secret passages and trappdoors to lead people here...when i started sending out direcdt links to it...well...the secrets out...so why not make the place presentalbe...and while i'm at it...

restate my purpose here...

this is a journal of my creative process. i'll talk about what inspires me, how something goes from idea to words on the page, and anything else that might spill out of my head.

i am a writer/filmmaker in denver, colorado

my work is informed by a variety of creative forces:

Burroughs, William
Bukowski, Charles
Thompson, Hunter & Jim
Himes, Chester
Carver, Raymond
Dreiser, Theodore
Goines, Donald
Steinbeck, John
Leigh, Mike
Lee, Spike
Scorsese, Martin
Dix, Otto
Gilliam, Terry
Simone, Nina
D, Chuck
Waits, Tom
Mingus, Charles
Cash, Johnny
Mother Africa
Guiness

to name a handful.

i've been writing for 18 years.

i've been writing seriously in happy obscurity for 10 years

i have have a passion/weakness for women and alcohol.

this is my testimony.

make believe love is a poisonous pleasure
real love is the sand in my shoe
the passion that feeds me is my passion for words
at the end of the day i am my own best company
at the end of my life all i have is me

  • Johnny Cash Loves You!