September 15, 2008

monday night movie...The Man Who Wasn't There...

prepping for Burn After Reading, tonight's selection is, in my opinion, their best work...although Miller's Crossing is still my favorite...

(clicking makes it grow)

of the 150+ movies in my collection, 5 of them are Coen Bros movies...second only to my collection of Steven Soderbergh movies...i may have to do a month of Soderbergh...

anyway...i love this movie...sometimes i just turn off the television and listen to it play on the stereo...one of the rare cases of good voice over...

this one has the Coen Bros and all their best tricks...done to perfection...taut storytelling...hilarious dialogue...beautiful cinematography...meticulous set design...it helps that this movie is the best use of billy bob thornton's hangdog face...it helps that this is the best performance james gandolfini has done in a motion picture...it helps that this was my first exposure to scarlett jo...

yeah, i love this movie...