August 28, 2008

I'm not a party animal...

I enjoy politics from a distance...I enjoy the tug of war of ideas...but I'm not a flag waver...there are very few things I will cheer or clap for...especially in a group environment...I'm even suspicious of doing the wave...the mob mentally is an ugly face of humanity...

So...why is this...political rally...a big deal???it's history...

so far, i've been more interested in bird dogging the network news booths...the fact the they parked fox news right next to nbc...but the msnbc booth is as far away as possible...it looks like al-jezzera is here...the fact that ann curry has a front row seat...the camera that flys over the field during games... i finally got to see how one of those work....

These are the things that i've found interesting so far...the music has been dull...the speakers, boring...i'm surrounded by union yahoos...but here I am...to bear witness...

next...obama speaks...
Showing up is not enough.

James P. Johnson