May 20, 2005

vs...

a freshly minted wad of cash...and the news of my foster fathers death...has me thinking...what my would my response be...if i were still single...vs...my response now that i'm married...

$100 drinking binge/bar tab...vs...a comforting hug from my wife...edge...single life...the possibility of an anonnymous, random, sloppy, sympathy fuck...vs...sympathy sex from my loving wife...edge...married life...waking up hung over and alone in a pool of my own vomit...vs...rolling over to my wife's kisses...edge...married life...being able to travel at the drop of a hat without worrying about the financial consequences...vs...having to think about the impact going to ny will have on my wallet...edge...single life...riding my emotional fences, keeping my guard up, and protecting myself from vulnerability...vs...knowing that the people around me can be trusted...edge...married life...

all-in-all...i'll take married life...what i know of it anyways...all six days of it...anyways...

Johnny Cash Loves You!